Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Order of the Phoenix and Deathly Hallows

As I lay in bed writing this, I am listening to my recording of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as read by Jim Dale. He does a wonderful job reading these books. He is very talented and has wonderful voices for all of the characters. He has won a Grammy Award in 2000 for one of the recordings and he has been nominated twice. He also holds a world record for number of voices done in a book recording. I think it's Phoenix.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing the movie. The trailers have been very good. They are having characters in the movie that I thought they might not use. They dropped all the house elves for Goblet of Fire, so I wasn't sure if they would have the thestrals. I will be sorely disappointed if Creature and Dobby the house elves are not in this movie. They play some vital rolls in the story.

The thing I am truly excited about it the book coming out on the 21st. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I plan on being at Barnes & Noble the evening of the 20th, waiting for the toll of midnight and the opening of the boxes of Harry Potter books. I have been to this type of evening for the two previous releases. It is so much fun seeing the children and adults dressed as there favorite characters. I have even surprised a your girl when I knew which character she was. She turned slightly pink, as Rowling would put it.

I reserved a copy a couple of months ago, and also included a request for the audio book on CD. I plan on reading the book all the was through, then listen to the audio book.

I know I am really going to miss Dumbledore. I was totally crushed dyed. Or is he dead? I have read some theories, but haven't seen anything that matches what I think. I think that Dumbledore is a Phoenix. At the end of his funeral service, his body is engulfed in flames, and when the flames subsided, there was a marble monument. I think he burned to ashes and will rise again. What do you think?

As I write this post, I just get more and more excited about the book. A little sad too, because this will be the last. Oh, Rowling has said she would never say never, but I'm not sure she will go back to that world anytime soon.

Maybe I will see some of you at the bookstore at Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville. I would like to go dressed up but don't know who I should go as. Any suggestions???

5 comments:

Matt said...

Go as Luna! There probably won't be as many people dressed as her. She's a great character.

Me said...

How about Mrs Figg? Nobody's seen her onscreen so you could have fun with the mismatched Muggle clothes. And bring pictures of your cats.

Matt said...

That's a good plan. You'll probably be the only one there!

Aaron said...

I've only read the first of the Harry Potter books. I'd like to read the rest, but I have such a hard time finding the time to read. I guess I could be reading now instead of watching TV and reading blogs. :)

Nelle said...

Get the books on CD, or better yet, down load them to your Ipod. Jime Dale does a great job. You'll love it.