Tuesday, July 17, 2007

3 Days 1 hour and some odd minutes!!!!!!

I'm sure there are people out there that will think I am a little crazy, but I am laying here listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I am on disc 3 of the total recording of 17 discs. Trying to get it all listened to be Friday. Don't think I will make it. I really want to have all the facts in my head for this last book.

Read and interview with Jim Dale, the gentlemen of whom I am listening to right now. As I have said before, he is very good. He only does the U.S. recording though. The British recording is done by the actor who played Dietrich in V for Vendetta. Can't remember his name at the moment, but he would do a really good job as well.

It took Jim two weeks to record Deathly Hallows. The only information he is willing to give about the book is that it has a surprise ending. Well, DUH!!

I am so looking forward to getting my hands on this book I can almost not stand it. Still not sure as if I will go as anyone. I had two great suggestions from theater friends. Luna or Mrs. Figg.
Maybe I'll just go around and please the pants off the kids when I know who they are pretending to be.

Well, need to focus on my cd. I'll report more on Harry Potter later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the UK recording is done by Stephen Fry, who indeed does a wonderful job (tho not having heard Jim Dale, i can't really compare the two).

Nelle said...

Awesome!! Where did you get the recording? I would love to get a listen to that.