Saturday, July 28, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

Yeah, I know, that sounds a little self gratifying, but it's my blog and I'll write what I want to. ;-)

I got a couple of e-cards this morning. One from my friend Bill, with whom I do theater with, and we do special effects for certain things. Like at the Hoover Museum for Halloween and we did some FXs for a show on Discovery Health. Anyway, it was a really cute card from Blue Mountain.

The other was from another theater friend of mine. Her name is Carol. She is a really fun person to be around. When you get a chance to be around her. Busy, busy, busy. When she gets going on her laugh, she snorts once in a while, which makes her and everyone else laugh even more. She sent me a card from Hallmark that was like these two manic rabbits screaming happy birthday and yelling about confetti and having fun, and cake, and whatever. Glad I had the sound turned down a little bit.

Got some cards in the mail this week. One from a family friend Charlie, and one from my parents, who for some reason forgot to sign the card. It made me chuckle.

This afternoon we are going to a baby shower for yet another theater couple, then tonight we are going to a performance at the Englert theater in Iowa City.

Pen V. Sword: And Evening on the Fringe
A double-feature of unforgettable theatre with Rage Theatrics & Dreamwell Theatre

Rage is doing: Your Swash is Unbuckled" Three pirate Plays by Jeff Goode
Dreamwell is doing Typing Lear by Greg Aldrich

I Have seen on of the three plays at the new play festival put on be City Circle last February.
Two chicks with swords dueling it out and some chick on chick action. I know the ladies and it is fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing what the rest is going to be like.

Next week I will be heading down to Fayettville Arkansas (Northwest Arkansas) to help Side Notes and her fiance move back to Iowa. I have helped them both move down there, though not at the same time. They have a lot of stuff. Hope we can get it all in one truck. Pray for our backs. The best thing about the trip is that we might be able to have a final meal at the Brazilian Steak House down there. If you don't know what that is, Google it and find out. It is a dining experience you won't soon forget.

Well, that's if for now. I have rambled enough for today. Think I will have cake for breakfast.
Hey!!! It's my birthday! I can have what I want.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

had dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse in Chicago this weekend... wonderful stuff, perfect for the Atkins fiend or unrepentant carnivore. enjoy!


js

Nelle said...

Unrepentant carnivore, that would be me. ;-)

P.E.T.A.

People for the
Eating of
Tasty
Animals

I have a feeling I might get comments on that one.

Me said...

I'm more an omnivore. They have a good salad bar as well.