Wednesday, July 4, 2007

4th of July on the History Channel

So I did some early fourth of July celebrating in Marengo on the third. Fireworks, music by Mid Life Crisis, and way too many beers. Definitely no parade for me this morning.

Started to flip channels on the TV and had the thought of turning to the History Channel. They are running a series called The Revolution. It is giving the history of the American revolution. I remember some of this stuff, but this is much more detailed and a heck of a lot more fun than it was in school.

Do people these days realize that we declared our independence on July 4th, 1776 but we didn't have a constitution or a true form of government for another 10 years. 10 years!

Freedom comes at a cost. These people went through great victories and terrible terrible losses. Sacrifice. Our country is 231 years old because of these people and future people like them. I hope there are a lot of people out there watching this show and being thankful for what we have.

Happy Birthday USA!!!!!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I would have emailed this to you, but I can't seem to find your email address. Anyway, I just wanted to invite you to audition for That Day in September this coming weekend. Check out www.dreamwell.com for the details.

Matt