Sunday, July 22, 2007

Deathly Hallows

Well, I went to the bookstore Friday. Saw some friends. Recognized a few Potter characters walking around, got an autographed picture of Gilderoy Lockhart. My bracelet number was 282. The count down started and then the selling of the books and recordings started at midnight.

I thought it would take much longer than it did, but we where out of there and driving home by 12:30. I read about 7 chapters until I noticed it was 3:30 and decided I better get a little sleep.

I started reading again around 9:30 A.M.. Took a couple of hours during the evening to do some shingling and then finished the book about an hour ago. Then and only then did I cut the number bracelet from my wrist. Done.

I am now listening to the recording of the book. There is just something about hearing the story after you have read it. You catch things you may miss while reading.

This was an incredible work that J.K. Rowling has finished the Harry Potter story. I don't want to say anything yet about what happens in the book, because I have some friends who haven't read it yet, and I refuse to spoil it for them.

She really pushes you in this book. Suffice it to say, the world that she has created is at war and things are very intense. I need to digest it a while after listening to it and then read it again.

No comments: