Sunday, February 17, 2008

JUST A LITTLE NERVOUS

So, once again eastern Iowa has been "graced" with another coating of the white stuff. This time it came down first as very wet snow. Now, it is starting to fluff up and the wind is picking up.

I have cleaned my driveway twice so far today just to stay ahead of the build up. And as usual, the city road cleaners dump a six inch pile of snow at the end of my driveway. Joy.

My reason for my being nervous, you say? Well, a couple weeks ago we woke up to the sound of the power pack on the computer beeping. Seems we lost power in the middle of the night. Not only that, we only lost one "leg" of our power. That means only half of our house had power coming to it. I know that doesn't sound so bad, but the half that went out was the one with the furnace on it. So my husband calls the power company and actually talks to a real live person and tells them our problem. The next morning, the repair crew came out and hooked up what I call "the box" to the house, so now we have power to everything in the house.

Still don't know why I'm nervous? The power has been blinking on and off several times in the last hour and a half. It's still snowing, with the winds whipping around, we are still hooked up to "the box", and I am just praying that the power doesn't go out.

The one saving grace? I have a generator in my garage. ;-)

To quote a comercial that has been playing on the radio in the state of Iowa:
"It's cold. It's real cold. And now that the holidays are over, winter just isn't cute anymore."

Update: the power blinked twice after I hit publish post. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!!

No comments: