Monday, March 31, 2008

Bad Week

last week was pretty bad here in the Iowa City area. I'm sure all of you have read or seen the info about the Sueppel family tragedy. I really don't have much to add here, except to direct you to Side Notes for a wonderful writing she found through State 29 that he found on the PC site.

Yesterday I went across the street from my house to talk to a friend. She works at St. Mary's and does a lot of the singing during services. She is not handling it very well. We talked and I gave her a long hug. Told her if she needed to talk again, come on over. She knew the family. Doesn't understand how someone can snap like that, and has come to the realization that it could possibly happen to any one of us.

That is a frightening thought. I may sound like a fool to some of you, but I put my trust in God's grace and pray for strength everyday. I know that there but for the grace of God go I. I know, sounds corny, but that is what works for me.

That's all for now. Hope this week goes better.

No comments: