Thursday, June 14, 2007

GREY'S ANATOMY BLUES

As I have mentioned in one of my simple pleasure posts, I am a really big fan of the series Grey's Anatomy. The writing is wonderful, very insightful. I always find something that I can really get into. But, right now I am a little frustrated with the powers that be at ABC.

Isiah Washington will not be returning as the very talented and strong ego ed Dr. Preston Burke. This was not his decision. He was told by the creator of the show,Sondra Rhimes, in a reported tear full phone call that he was out.

The decision was made by ABC Studios President Mark Pedowitz, Entertainment President Stephen McPherson, and Disney ABC Television Group President Anne Sweeney.

ABC had better give a more detailed reason for letting Isiah go. I know, he said a word that revered to gays in a bad way. He also apologized, he apologized to GLAAD, he filmed a public service announcement for GLAAD, he made a public donation to one of his favorite charities. He did everything the network asked him to do. He even went to counseling.

I think it is unfair that he has lost his job and we have lost a great character over this. People are shouting about having tolerance toward people and there differences but then don't offer that tolerance to the people they are shouting about.

Isiah did a stupid thing,well two stupid things. But, he has gone the extra mile and then some to make up for it and he still gets the boot. I think it would be awesome if T.D. Knight would come to his defense and extend a hand to him. Nothing would speak louder than the act of the person offended offering forgiveness and tolerance to the offender. It would also be very healing for both of these fine actors.

Look, people are going to say and do stupid things. Comments will be made, but you don't have to take them so personally. You need to learn not to let these things control your life and how you see yourself.

This is just my opinion.

No comments: