Monday, June 4, 2007

SIMPLE PLEASURES 2

I am sitting here watching the movie Accepted,about a young man who starts his own college because he didn't get in to a real college. What is really tickling me right now is that the star of the movie Justin Long, stars in some other very short films. His most famous line is "Hello, I'm a Mac." Which leads me to my simple pleasure.

I really enjoy going to Apple.com and watch the Mac commercials on the web. Yes, I do most of my computer stuff on a Mac. Right now I am on a Dell lap top, but beggars can't be choosers. I have worked on both, but I really like the Mac best. I just love these commercials. They are very well written,rather accurate on what they cover, and just plain funny.

Back to the movie Accepted. Lewis Black plays a burned out college professor who takes the position of fake dean. Black is one of my favorite comedians. He pulls no punches and nobody is safe from his barbs. One of my favorite lines of his is about soy milk. "There is no soy milk, because there is no soy titty."

Another of my favorite comedians is Christopher Titus. he has a stand up show called Norman Rockwell is Bleeding. He talks about his family, which is very screwed up. BUT, he was able to share it in joke form.

My family has it's own little quirks, but being able to laugh about it keeps me from falling into a blue funk and on a bunch of meds.

One final pleasure. Hersey's Treasures Special Dark Truffles. Yum!!!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Those Hershey's candies you mention are quite good, aren't they? I also enjoy the Mac commercials. I am almost convinced that my next computer purchase should be a Mac, but I am not quite ready to commit to that yet.